Welcome to the National Aviation Museum --one of the world's great
aeronautical collections. Located in Ottawa, Canada, the Museum is a
treasure-trove of aviation.
NEW! The National Aviation Museum receives a Harrier jet...
- If you're planning a visit, just click on About the Museum for everything you need.
- You love aircraft? Here's your chance to see over 200 images of our aircraft in Exploring
- Looking for some in-depth information? Don't miss the Research Toolkit to connect to the
vast resources of our library and to our research staff.
- Cool things to do? Try clicking on Just Plane Fun.
- For teachers, we've got School Stuff to help you with classroom ideas and activities.
- Be sure to catch our photo essay on the visit to Canada of the renowned R-100 airship. More than 50 wonderful images will bring you back to the days when crossing the Atlantic
by air was still an adventure. Our second photo essay depicts the life and work of one of the leading figures of aviation,
the inventor of the helicopter, Igor Sikorsky. Coming soon is yet another fascinating photo essay, this one on the ins-and-outs of Camouflage.
Our Website offers just a taste of the electronic possibilities of the National
Aviation Museum. For a more complete portrayal of aviation history, try our
CD-ROM Flypast, including extra photos, video, sound, and much more!
Copyright 1997 National Aviation Museum
Comments to Webmaster