View all Educational Programs
From Sheep to Sweater Educational Activity Kit
How can you tell if a fibre is natural or made by humans? Or if it’s wool, cotton or polyester? Students will answer these questions by using their senses and conducting interesting experiments. Through hands on activities, discover the needs and life cycles of animals that are raised for their fibres.
Through activities, games, experiments, and worksheets, students will be engaged as they:
- discover the characteristics and needs of sheep, goats and alpacas
- recognize physical and behavioural changes in sheep throughout their life cycle
- understand that sheep, goats and alpacas can provide us with milk, meat, by-products and fibres
- distinguish between natural fibres and those made by humans
- recognize the properties of various fibres
- learn how fibres, as material, can be made into objects
This educational activity kit links to curriculum requirements for science and technology and mathematics.
For additional learning opportunities associated with this kit, consult the From Sheep to Sweater AgVenture.Back to top