For immediate release
June 29, 2017
Canada Day Activities - Ingenium - Canada's Museums of Science and Innovation
OTTAWA, June 29, 2017—This Canada Day, Ingenium’s three museums are hosting a wide range of fun activities for the whole family, in celebration of Canada’s 150th birthday. Admission is FREE throughout the day on July 1, with the exception of special exhibitions. Please see below for a list of activities at each museum.
- Launch of C150 Global Odyssey team: The world’s first Canadian around-the-world helicopter flight
- Performance by the Canadian Armed Forces Parachute Team, the SkyHawks
- Presentation and book signing by Astronaut Dave Williams
- Rocket launch by the Ottawa Rocketry Group
- Autograph session with the Canadian Forces Snowbirds and the CF-18 Demonstration Team
- Concert by BAM! Percussion
MEDIA OPPORTUNITY: On June 30 at 1:30 p.m.: The SkyHawks will perform a media jump and offer members of the media a few opportunities for a tandem skydive. They will also be available to speak to media immediately following the demonstration. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Note: some activities and demonstrations are weather-dependent, and are subject to change without notice.
- Ice cream-making
- Tally-Ho Wagon rides (weather permitting)
- Game: The Great Canadian Quiz
- Red-and-white strawberry shortcake in the Demonstration Kitchen
- Meet the Museum’s farm animals, including cows, horses, chickens, pigs, goats and more!
- Dominion Day on the Farm
The Canada Agriculture and Food Museum team will also be at Major’s Hill Park from June 30 to July 2, hosting even more great activities:
- What’s all the buzz about honey? Learn more about the world’s smallest farm animal and get a (sticky) hands-on experience as you learn how honeybees turn nectar into honey. Full details here.
- Stay charged-up and fit on our energy bike
- Try out a replica of an 1880 Penny Farthing bicycle.
- Challenge your friends and family to the "electrifying" Maple Leaf Game
Click here to learn more about the opening of the new Museum on November 17, 2017.
About Ingenium- Canada’s Museums of Science and Innovation
Launched in June 2017, Ingenium is a new national brand established to preserve and share Canada’s story of scientific and technological heritage. This corporate brand, derived from the Latin root for “ingenuity,” encompasses three national institutions: the Canada Agriculture and Food Museum, the Canada Aviation and Space Museum, and the Canada Science and Technology Museum. Under the Ingenium brand, these three museums are places where the past meets the future, with spaces where visitors can learn and explore, play and discover. Ingenium also has an eye to the future with a state-of-the-art Collections Conservation Centre, set to open in 2018, digital and social media platforms, and travelling national and international exhibitions to educate, entertain and engage audiences across Canada and around the world. For more, please visit us at: IngeniumCanada.orgBack to top